Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lost Touch

I've lost touch with my gaming side lately. Who knew being a college student would entail 0 fun? Man I love college my ass really. If you're a slacker with a useless major, then perhaps. I won't single out any though. Just in case.

Anyway, as a result of this sudden influx of coursework and looming finals, I've found it very difficult to play any games at all. Last quarter I was obsessed with cutesy Wii games like Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy. This quarter, I can barely fit in one weekend of Monkey Ball 2 (which I've almost beaten by the way).

I'd forgotten that earlier this year, I applied to some internships with Blizzard and Jagex. Needless to say, the supply for an econ student is probably pretty high relative to the demand. (It's funny, because I'm envisioning the supply/demand curve in my mind as I curse its existence as my field of study). The Blizzard one reads:

Thank you for your interest in Blizzard Entertainment’s Internship Program. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that we will not be moving forward with your application. Details on Summer 2010 Internships will be posted on our website at www.blizzard.com/ur in September 2009. We wish you the best and thank you for your interest in Blizzard Entertainment!

Blizzard University Relations


How unprofessional; and way to maximize a the mail-merge function. It doesn't matter though, because I've found a better, more useful internship. I get a stipend too, which is pretty alright with me.

2 bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment