Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Iffy Jiffy - Stuck in Peanut Butter


Well I've gotten myself into a little bit of trouble. I've heard every rumor and have retained it quite well especially since my middle school/high school years. The only secret I can't keep now are ones by myself.

On the other hand, recently, I heard a rumor about one of my friends from one of my roommates. She is not his friend, but I'm not sure if she realized she's mine. The rumor was a little shocking to me because I've never seen this kid in that sort of light before; very slanderous.

Later, as I was talking to him, I suddenly remembered the rumor and
made a swift decision in my head to tell him. My thoughts ran something like I think I should tell him...even though right now I have a really bad feeling about it. Mmh, granted I did, I told him.

I said something along the lines of "Um, can I tell you something?" He responded that it sounded ominous. I told him he wouldn't like it and then proceeded to recite to him the rumor. He finally responded "lol, who told you this?" Well, this part got me in trouble. I paused for a second at the keyboard. Should I tell him who told me? She might have not intended for me to tell anyone. But usually she tells me when things are secret, so this probably isn't one.

I concluded three things: 1) He'd be smart enough to not tell her I told him; 2) It was not a secret and a common rumor (usually when it's a secret, she says "Only I know this" which is my mark to not tell anyone); 3) He's my friend in the end. I should tel him.

The verdict was ultimately: Tell him. As the reader, you can probably already foresee the problems with this. I actually am not stupid; I actually did see some black clouds from miles away, but I figured my moral reason for telling him would ease my tension. I figured If I'm doing the right thing, then this will be best in the long run right?

NO. FAIL.

What ended up happening was, he asked me who had told him. Now, this guy is not loud and obnoxious. He seems quite reasonable. Pretty mature. After all, he is a year or two my senior. I decided to tell him.

In the present, my memory fails me. I remember typing "This is an anonymous tip," but did I really send it? That's honestly what it was meant to be. I didn't mean to incriminate my roommate. Now, I feel like....well I haven't seen the show, but the name gives me a pretty good idea what it's about...a GossipGirl. I feel like I am one of the antagonists on MTV'S The Hills and my roommate is Lauren Conrad.

I received a text early in the morning. "Why the hell did you tell [him] about what I told you?" I knew I was in trouble, and for what? For blindly trying to help out a friend who I had overestimated? I never had mal intentions, but now it's done and it's over.

Because I don't want to further unknowingly incriminate people, I have not used any names in this post, as much as I hate doing so. It takes out the personal aspect of reading someone's blog, but nontheless, I've learned my lesson. If I can't be trusted with a secret, then I guess other people can't either. My bad.

On a side note, I logged onto Facebook this morning and found a couple of messages suggesting she was mad (noting that I had apologized, which I never do since I have such a hard head). Her status read: [Roommate's name here] is disappointed at people... sigh i wish i was lady gaga so the only thing i care about is music and big dicks!

It was my fault for causing all of this, but as a result of my unfaultering God complex and tremendous ego, I am a little annoyed that she would blatantly post about things regarding me on Facebook. I'm not stupid. I am your roommate; your Facebook updates show up on my news feed.

Whatever though. Girls are girls. Maybe this is why I don't like that missing Y chromosome. Guys would be mad for about 10 minutes...at most, an hour and rant at me for the time being. Girls are sneakier; they write hinty things on Facebook and My
Space and...well blogspot HAH! But really, it just reaffirms my social stance and explains why it is difficult for me to get along with girls. My strong agression only works with males who have the ability to let things go. My own kind has averse effects on me.

We'll see what happens in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment