Friday, July 31, 2009

Petition to Drop the Melo

Because isn't all drama technically drama? I pondered this for quite a while on the metro this morning and then proceeded to the office, where I did no less. Because, yesterday an angry and rathe
r irritated Alpha expressed his disgust toward my drama, claiming that I was being "emo and crap."
Then I thought, "This is true." How many times have you looked out the window while a mellow song played on your ipod, and you felt like you were in a movie? Yes, blame the movies. Our lives a
re plain and simple. There are bad times, there are good times, there are OK times. In the end, when something sad happens to us, there isn't a theme song that plays just for us as the rain falls delicately against an old white rimmed window pane. Rather, when we're sad, it's because of a chemical and hormonal reaction. What's dramatic about that?
This isn't to say that people are purely chemical, but...well. It is.
I decided that in the end, it was a little strange for me to miss Alpha and our times together but ultimately not feel devstatedly sad over it. Two posts ago, I was terrible. I went home and
cried out all the pain. Well, I suppose it worked, because now I have none. What does this mean? I'm not sure. Maybe once I was done crying about it, I could get over it more easily.
The heart doesn't break-- you break your own heart by believing you're sad and doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment