Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Neverland

We all know what a Peter Pan complex entails, and we all go through some sort of phase to get us through it.
But, through my studies, I've realized that there's one group of people who never fully recover. They can't be full rehabilitated into a state of normalcy; this is to say they never grow up. Simply, these people are men.
I am a hyporcite then, having been unfaithful myself. But I've learned to confront my mistakes and answer my own questions. Crying is something I want to do often; it's hard to push back the tears. But the key is to stop before you even think about it. Crying shows that you feel bad for yourself; why feel bad for yourself over something completely stupid? Is another pile of bones, muscles, tissue defined by a Y chromosome really worth a lapse in mental and emotional health? I am reaffirmed by this article. Men think differently, and it's up to the women to put up with it for the sake of her own sanity and power.
At the same time though, don't be a feminist. Women have a natural role in life; and being a man or "equal to" isn't that. There is a way to female power, and walking in the footsteps of a man isn't it. I feel like, if life were a construction site...a woman, instead of trying to match the number of bricks the last man carried to the site, should be trying to rivaling the next woman to the top position overseeing all the workers; controlling them.
Things are complex as they are. There is no reason for us to regress to a neverland.

No comments:

Post a Comment