Monday, April 27, 2009

Hippo-Kondriak

Well, I have to admit: I am most definitely the worst hypochondriac there has ever been.

Although the recent turn of events have stirred up quite a fuss regarding flu epidemics, I'd like to point out that this is basically my life. I can't really think of a time when I haven't been not-scared of some particular disease. They come in phases.

To be particular, recently, my roommate has managed to acquire herpes. Lovely. Granted it is not that of the genitalia, however I can't help the innate cringing I partake in whenever she is less than 5 ft near. I even started feeling a little ill as she neared me today; my head felt a little throbby and my throat started to dry up. It was all in my head, but I still freak out. Yes, this is how bad I am.

How do you tell someone you want them to not use your things without being mean?

Me: Hey....Can you not use my cups?
Roomie: Oh I don't...
Me: Well, good because I don't want to get herpes...

I'm working on remodeling this scenario though.

People do occasionally think I'm a little over the top. I do carry around bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere I go and use it every hour, and I do grab paper towels to open public doors. I'm going to be embarking on a trip this week, and I've even seriously contemplated buying one of those surgical masks to wear during my 6 hour flight.

Excessive? Yes. Unreasonable? I don't think so. Germs freak me out, so I'd say that as a hypochondriac and furthermore a germaphobe, I should feel pretty content.

Yet I'm feeling restless tonight. Damn fluoride mouthwash hasn't allowed me to drink my nightly cup of honey, milk, and lavender chamomile tea. I'll have to improvise.


P.S: When I looked back at my entry, I noticed that Vista has taken on the Word-like feature of underlining potentially misspelled words in red. I noticed germaphobe was underlined; thus curiously, I checked to see how it should be spelled. Apparently "hermaphrodite" is what I meant. Thank God I don't have an automatic word fixer. I'd be a hypochondriac who doubles as a hermaphrodite. :(

At least that's some Grade A stuff right there. A for Alliteration!

Wow. Need sleep for real.


Happy Birthday, Samuel Morse! And Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment